Wednesday, June 9, 2010

This World We Live In

When I picked up the first book in this series last year, I couldn't put it down. I felt exactly the same about this one- it is one of those books I stayed up late to read. Miranda and her family are still surviving in the aftermath of moon being knocked out of orbit. Miranda journals about the hardships her family faces from lack of food, water, electricity, etc. As this book opens, it is almost one year after the meteor hit the moon. Several characters from the first book return and we also see characters from the second book become part of this storyline. It is definitely a nail-biter; Susan Beth Pfeffer closes by having Miranda say she is done writing in her journal, but I am holding out hope that there is another story to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment