Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New Series

I recently finished the first books in 2 new series I think will be popular. One is a mystery by Andrew Clements, one of my favorite middle grade authors. The series title is Benjamin Pratt and the Keepers of the School, and the first book is We the Children. Benjamin Pratt receives some mysterious clues regarding how he can save the school in his town, which will soon be torn down to build an amusement park. He and his sidekick work to save the school; this first book had a plot twist I wasn't expecting and didn't really end the way I thought it would, but it left me intrigued and waiting on the next one.
The Very Little Princess by Marion Dane Bauer is about Zoey, a young girl with some family issues, and Princess Regina, a doll she finds in her grandmother's house. Princess Regina only comes to life with Zoey's tears. After Zoey's mother leaves her, there are lots of tears! Can't wait for the next one of these to see what adventures Zoey and Regina get into next.

No comments:

Post a Comment